[Coin-discuss] Setting Upper Bound in BCP

Francois Margot fmargot at andrew.cmu.edu
Wed Jun 7 18:21:52 EDT 2006

Dan:

BCP works with a granularity (minimum distance between two different values
of feasible solutions) of 1e-8 by default.

This means that if the upper bound is set to -2.0,
BCP is looking for a solution with value smaller than -2.00000001, and
it finds nothing, which is correct. If you want it to report a solution
with value -2.0, set the upper bound to -1.9, for example.

By the way, it is probably simpler to use the method BB_tm::create_root()
for setting the upper bound instead of BB_init.cpp.

Francois