[Coin-discuss] Suggestions on how to go about tuning?

John J Forrest jjforre at us.ibm.com
Wed Jun 7 02:48:05 EDT 2006

Rolf,

CbcModel::setCutoffIncrement(0.1);

John

Rolf Steenge <rolf.steenge at planet.nl>
Sent by: coin-discuss-bounces at list.coin-or.org
06/06/2006 08:45 AM
Please respond to
Discussions about open source software for Operations Research
<coin-discuss at list.coin-or.org>

"'Discussions about open source software for Operations Research'"
<coin-discuss at list.coin-or.org>
cc

Subject
RE: [Coin-discuss] Suggestions on how to go about tuning?

John,
You wrote :

"Again looking at log I saw that Cbc could work out that valid objective
values had to be a multiple of 0.1 so any solution has to be 0.1 better
than previous.  Going back to original formulation and setting that value
of 0.1 gave  31K nodes but 305 seconds"

How do you set that value of 0.1? Or have you added a constraint such as
sum of cijxij - 10 xn = 0 with xn a new integer variable.

Best regards
Rolf