[Coin-discuss] Suggestions on how to go about tuning?

Lou Hafer lou at cs.sfu.ca
Thu Jun 1 22:11:51 EDT 2006

Phillip,

	There are three build targets related to cbc --- libCbc, the library,
and two main programs, `solve' and `cbc'.  Either main program should build by
default using clp only.  `solve' is hardwired for clp, can't use anything else.
`cbc' can work with multiple OsiXxx solvers.  As far as I'm aware, use of libCbc
with any solver other than OsiClp is pretty rare, and I'm one of the very few
who does it.  Which means if the build isn't working properly, I'm likely to
blame.  Can you let me know how you did the initial build, and what you did to
fix it?  I'll see if I can sort it out.

	There is the start of a standalone preprocess --- CglPreProcess --- but
it's still evolving, I think. John will have to speak to that one.

						Lou