[Coin-discuss] Suggestions on how to go about tuning?

Laszlo Ladanyi ladanyi at us.ibm.com
Thu Jun 1 21:00:08 EDT 2006

Hi Philip,

> So, I believe it to be CBC.  That being the case, who's workin' on the
> pre-processor?!  Do they need some extra hands?

This is a *BIG* missing piece. As far as I know there is no comprehensive MIP
preprocessor in COIN. It'd be a big boon if someone would donate such
code.

Ideally a preprocessor should take an instance apply operations to it, those
ops would be stored in a stack which could be unwound to recover the sol in
the original space. So the preprocessor would be completely independent of the
solver, it would just take a problem instance and spit out a different one
together with the stack.

--Laci