[Coin-discuss] MaxCut build

Lou Hafer lou at cs.sfu.ca
Thu Jul 27 13:35:10 EDT 2006

Michele,

	Didn't see a reply for this, so tried the build on our local SuSE box
and got the same failure (a variation will occur in any environment).

	The immediate cause of the problem is in the file
Makefiles/Makefile.location. You need to uncomment (remove leading `#') from
the lines that add COIN_libVol and COIN_libOsiVol to CoinLibsDefined, as:

CoinLibsDefined += COIN_libVol
CoinLibsDefined += COIN_libOsiVol

This fixes the problem on my system (SuSE 9.0, gcc 4.1.1).

That said, you perhaps should read the INSTALL file before assuming a particular
build process.  MaxCut is not yet converted to the autotools build system.
Surely step 5), `./configure --prefix=$PWD/build' resulted in an error message,
as there is no configure script to execute.

							Lou