[Coin-discuss] Interest in a graph/network library?

Robin Lougee-Heimer robinlh at us.ibm.com
Wed Jul 26 09:20:34 EDT 2006

Philip:

I think  having a graph/network library on COIN-OR would be great.

I'm working on a project that relies on shortest path algorithms.  If
there'd been something on COIN-OR under the CPL, we would have definitely
look at it, if not used and contributed back to it.

Robin

Robin Lougee-Heimer
IBM TJ Watson Research Center
1101 Kitchawan Road, Yorktown Heights, NY 10598
ph: 914-945-3032   fax: 914-945-3434
robinlh at us.ibm.com
http://www.coin-or.org

"Darla and Philip Walton" <hpwalton at comcast.net>
Sent by: coin-discuss-bounces at list.coin-or.org
07/25/2006 08:52 PM
Please respond to
Discussions about open source software for Operations Research
<coin-discuss at list.coin-or.org>

<coin-discuss at list.coin-or.org>
cc

Subject
[Coin-discuss] Interest in a graph/network library?

All,
I have an STL-template based network/graph library I've had for years.  Is
there interest in having such a thing in COIN-OR?
It compiles on Linux and MSVC8 (and will very likely work under others.)

The discussions at the DIMACS COIN-OR Workshop inspired me to dust it off
and get it compiling/running on the latest g++ and MSVC compilers.  I
don't think it would take much to get it to comply with COIN-OR
requirements.

Right now it consists of a couple of graph representations, and several
algorhithms to go with it.

Graph types:
- static network (vector based)
- dynamic network (list based)
- undirected static network (vector based)

Algorithm types:
- Shortest path
- Min spanning tree
- Max Flow
- Min cost flow
- Traversals

I'd like to gauge interest in adding this to COIN-OR.  Any thoughts?

Coin-discuss mailing list
Coin-discuss at list.coin-or.org