[Coin-discuss] Interest in a graph/network library?

Jeff Linderoth jtl3 at lehigh.edu
Wed Jul 26 06:48:15 EDT 2006

Hi Philip,

It was nice to see you at the COIN-OR workshop.

> I have an STL-template based network/graph library I've had for years.  Is there interest in having such a thing in COIN-OR?
> It compiles on Linux and MSVC8 (and will very likely work under others.)
>
> The discussions at the DIMACS COIN-OR Workshop inspired me to dust it off and get it compiling/running on the latest g++ and MSVC compilers.  I don't think it would take much to get it to comply with COIN-OR requirements.
>
> Right now it consists of a couple of graph representations, and several algorhithms to go with it.
>
> Graph types:
> - static network (vector based)
> - dynamic network (list based)
> - undirected static network (vector based)
>
> Algorithm types:
> - Shortest path
> - Min spanning tree
> - Max Flow
> - Min cost flow
> - Traversals
>
> I'd like to gauge interest in adding this to COIN-OR.  Any thoughts?

I agree that this is certainly an appropriate contribution.
For my  $.02...

For these sorts of things, I typically use (or try to use) the Boost Graph
Library.  If you contributed your code, perhaps people would also then
contribute external wrappers so that the boost algorithms could be applied
on your graph data structures, or vice versa...

Cheers,
-Jeff
Jeff Linderoth				     O: 610-758-4879
Asst. Professor