[Coin-discuss] Re: Still Installation Problems

Lou Hafer lou at cs.sfu.ca
Sat Jul 15 17:40:21 EDT 2006

Christian,

	Glad to hear you're able to build on Linux.  Sad to say that I cannot
reproduce the problem on the cygwin environment available to me.  When I look at
CbcOrClpParam.Po, the target on the first line is a bit odd (two replications of
CbcOrClpParam.o), so I can see where an older version of make might be unable to
sort it out.  But on my system, `make install' accepts this and runs without
error.  You and I both have recent downloads of cygwin, so I'm at a loss.

	If you can send us the output of `make --version', a copy of config.log,
and about the first five lines of Clp/src/.deps/CbcOrClpParam.Po, that'd be
informative, but there's no guarantee we can sort this out from a distance.

	On the bright side, you now have the perfect reason to abandon Windows
for a decent operating system :-).

							Lou