[Coin-discuss] Big Installation-Problems

Jan-Willem Goossens j.goossens at t75.nl
Sun Jan 29 12:57:46 EST 2006

Hi,

I'm happily  using COIN's CLP though OsiClp etc. under Visual Studio 2003.
NET, so, apart from the gams part, I can testify that it works like a charm,
just with the normal MS compiler, without changing one line of source code.
Obviously, it's not a necessity to use the .bat file to build everything.

As mentioned already, you can indeed import the VC6 projects into VS.NET. To
be safe, whenever I get the latest source codes, I check my projects against
the makefiles to be sure that I'm still including all the necessary cpp
files into the projects.

I use the resulting static coin library in another managed C++ project.
Since it took me a lot of time to find this out : for all of you who want to
do the same, just be aware that there is a .NET issue with marshalling
boolean return values from unmanaged virtual functions, which I posted on
some weeks (or was it already months?) ago..

Jan-Willem