[Coin-discuss] Symphony: TM_ERROR__NUMERICAL_INSTABLITY undeclared

Michael Hennebry hennebry at web.cs.ndsu.nodak.edu
Mon Jan 2 12:57:17 EST 2006

On Mon, 2 Jan 2006, Michael Hennebry wrote:

> On Mon, 2 Jan 2006, Michael Hennebry wrote:
>
> > I recently tried to compile the application in
> > SYMPHONY's MATCH directory.
> > master.c would not compile.
> > TM_ERROR__NUMERICAL_INSTABLITY is nowhere to be found
> > in any *.h file.
>
> I found it.
> Two apparently identical invocations of find gave different results.
>
> That still leaves the questions of why TM_ERROR__NUMERICAL_INSTABLITY
> was undefined in master.c and what to do about it.
>
> I had first compiled and linked the symphony executable.

I noticed after considerable effort,
that match's attempt at compiling master
used different flags than did symphony's.
The following flags were lacking:

-DCOMPILE_IN_CG -DCOMPILE_IN_CP -DCOMPILE_IN_LP -DCOMPILE_IN_TM

I suspect that the problem is that I'm not set up to use
the parallel features of SYMPHONY.
I didn't want to.

Now the question is where am I supposed to set these flags.

--
Mike   hennebry at web.cs.ndsu.NoDak.edu
May you live in interesting times.  --  Drasnian blessing