[Coin-discuss] How to get ekk_c_api.h

J P Fasano jpfasano at us.ibm.com
Tue Feb 14 11:16:43 EST 2006

>I am using "eclipse+CDT+MinGW" to build CLP.
This is a very interesting environment.
I would like to give it a try too so am interested in your experience with
it.

>But the software can not find the Header file "ekk_c_api.h".
This is a header file that belongs to OSL a commercial solver that used to
be available from IBM.

>Can you tell me how to get that file or send it to me if you have the
file?
I don't think you should need the file.
The header file should only be used in source code that is associated with
OSL.
For example, OsiOsl includes ekk_c_api.h but if you don't have OSL you
should not be building this Osi (Open solver interface).
There are some Sample programs that include ekk_c_api.h, but if you don't
have OSL then you should not want to be building these samples.

What is it that you are compiling that needs ekk_c_api.h?
Is it something other than OsiOsl and an OSL based sample?
If yes, then there is probably a problem with the source code.

JP Fasano
jpfasano at us.ibm.com
COIN-OR www.coin-or.org