[Coin-discuss] Coin-discuss Digest, Vol 15, Issue 20

Carlos Eduardo de Andrade ce.andrade at gmail.com
Wed Feb 1 12:45:45 EST 2006

Christian,

Do you want to build a distributed software??? If you don't want, you
must set the COMM_PROTOCOL  variable to NONE in the Makefile of your
application. You don't need to modificate the BCP Makefile.

I think your BCPROOT is wrong. This variable must be set to
${CoinDir}/Bcp. I use in my Makefile:

ifeq ($(BCPROOT),)
	BCPROOT := ${CoinDir}/Bcp
endif

with CoinDir pointing to "/software/COIN" (in your case c:\COIN).

Did you remember to modificate the Makefile.location and Makefile.coin
in "${CoinDir}/Makefiles" directory??? There, there are many important
informations to your compiler.

Greetings from Brazil,

Carlos Eduardo de Andrade

2006/2/1, WoelliUSM at aol.com <WoelliUSM at aol.com>:

> ...it's not good to be too happy too early...
>
> I got one (hopefully) last question, which seems to be easy:
>
> I have to install Coin under Cygwin. To make most of the packages is not a
> big deal, but I don't understand what to do when I read
>
> "You must not run `make` from the Bcp subdirectory. \
> In the Makefile of your application set BCPROOT, include \
> $${BCPROOT}/Makefile and run `make` (or `make clean`, etc) from there)" in
> the makefile in /BCP.
>
> Where do I have to change things? If I change in that makefile
>
> "ifeq ($(origin BCPROOT),undefined)
>     $(error \
> You must not run `make` from the Bcp subdirectory. \
> In the Makefile of your application set BCPROOT, include \
> $${BCPROOT}/Makefile and run `make` (or `make clean`, etc) from there)
> endif"
>
> to, for example,
>
> "BCPROOT = C:/COIN", and then I start make, I get the a lot of error
> messages, such as
>
> "Creating dependency BCP_tm_main.d
> /bin/sh: -DBCP_COMM_PROTOCOL_:command not found"
>
> What do I have to do`?
>
> Thanks in advance,
>
> Greetings from Germany,
>
> Christian Woellenstein