[Coin-discuss] CBC: determining the direction (up/down) of a node's branch

Brady Hunsaker hunsaker at engr.pitt.edu
Mon Dec 4 16:53:45 EST 2006

CBC question:

As best I can tell from the source code, CBC does not record the
direction of a node's branch.  So we can tell which node is its parent,
but not whether this node is the "up" child or "down" child of the
parent.  The method 'way()' does exist, but I believe it's referring to
the children of this node (which way do I branch next), not this node's
relationship with its parent.

John, can you confirm that this is correct?

I'd like to know whether a node is "up" or "down" for the visualization
tool my student is working on.  I think I can make the changes to add it
and submit them to you, John.  I'll just add a variable to CbcNodeInfo.

I just wanted to verify that my understanding is correct before doing
it.  Thanks,

Brady

--
Brady Hunsaker