[Coin-discuss] Is there an LP (or MPS) format for QP?

J P Fasano jpfasano at us.ibm.com
Thu Aug 3 22:43:45 EDT 2006

Clp has a sample program which solves a QP from an MPS file.
    https://projects.coin-or.org/Clp/browser/trunk/Clp/examples/testQP.cpp

The sample program reads the mps file:
    https://projects.coin-or.org/svn/Data/trunk/Sample/share2qp.mps

This file has has a QSECTION.
I don't know how QSECTION compares with QMATRIX.

JP

             hpwalton at comcast.
             net
             coin-discuss-boun         coin-discuss at list.coin-or.org
             ces at list.coin-or.                                          cc
             org
                                                                   Subject
                                       [Coin-discuss] Is there an LP (or
             08/03/2006 08:58          MPS) format for QP?
             PM

             Please respond to
             Discussions about
                open source
               software for
                Operations
                 Research
             <coin-discuss at lis
              t.coin-or.org>

A colleague of mine is currently using a commercial solver for solveing  a
QP.
He gave me a sample in MPS/LP format.  It has a line:
QMATRIX in the file which CLP burps on...and I suspect some proprietary
format afterwards.

I can't share the file as it's not mine to share.  I also read here:
https://projects.coin-or.org/Clp/wiki/FAQ
that CLP can solve QPs

I'm not a QP person.  I do well at many things, but this ain't one of em...
Anyone willing to help a brutha out?  What do I need to do to get a QP
solved in CLP?  Reformat?  Voodoo?  Cut to the stufff above QMATRIX, then
code something to add that in through function calls?

Cheers!
Coin-discuss mailing list
Coin-discuss at list.coin-or.org