[Coin-discuss] Is there an LP (or MPS) format for QP?

hpwalton at comcast.net hpwalton at comcast.net
Thu Aug 3 20:58:52 EDT 2006

A colleague of mine is currently using a commercial solver for solveing  a QP.
He gave me a sample in MPS/LP format.  It has a line:
QMATRIX in the file which CLP burps on...and I suspect some proprietary format afterwards.

I can't share the file as it's not mine to share.  I also read here:
https://projects.coin-or.org/Clp/wiki/FAQ
that CLP can solve QPs

I'm not a QP person.  I do well at many things, but this ain't one of em...
Anyone willing to help a brutha out?  What do I need to do to get a QP solved in CLP?  Reformat?  Voodoo?  Cut to the stufff above QMATRIX, then code something to add that in through function calls?

Cheers!
Philip