[Coin-discuss] Compilation issues for IPOPT

Mikhail Nediak mnediak at business.queensu.ca
Wed Aug 2 12:14:10 EDT 2006

Dear COIN Experts,

I am trying to get IPOPT and DFO to run on one of the SHARCNET clusters
in Canada and have run into a problem. The make is failing during the
attempt to create .libs/libipopt.so.0.0.0 because it
can not find libipopt.so.0. The log of the make run ("errs" file
included in logs.zip together with config.log)
does not refer to libipopt up to this point, so there is no surprise
that the library was not found. Would someone have a suggestion
concerning this issue (perhaps some flag for ./configure which I
may have forgotten to set :-))?

The code was obtained as Aug 1 tarball. The machine is a cluster of
Opterons running HP Linux XC 3.0.

As a second note, the standard sequence of ./configure and make
also fails on a standard P4 workstation with Fedora Core 2, but
in a different place:

g++ -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I. -I../../inc -O3 -fomit-frame-pointer -pipe
-DNDEBUG -pedantic-errors -Wimplicit -Wparentheses -Wreturn-type
-Wcast-qual -Wall -Wpointer-arith -Wwrite-strings -Wconversion
-I./../Common -I./../LinAlg -I./../Algorithm/LinearSolvers
-I./../LinAlg/TMatrices -I./../Algorithm -MT IpTNLPAdapter.lo -MD -MP
-MF .deps/IpTNLPAdapter.Tpo -c IpTNLPAdapter.cpp  -fPIC -DPIC -o
.libs/IpTNLPAdapter.o
make[1]: *** No rule to make target
`../../../ThirdParty/HSL/libcoinhsl.la', needed by `libipopt.la'.  Stop.
make[1]: Leaving directory
`/home/mnediak/COIN-tarballs/Ipopt_2006Aug01/Ipopt/src/Interfaces'
make: *** [all-recursive] Error 1

Any advice would be much appreciated!

Best regards,
Mikhail