AW: RE: [Coin-discuss] Benchmark Instances & code for format conversions

Michael Pauliks mpauliks at yahoo.com
Thu Apr 27 18:49:10 EDT 2006

Hi. My personal take on this discussion is please:

in order to get an open source approach on a semi biz domain flying, it is required to support "industry key-persons" with facts in the meaning of arguments, that can be put on powerpoint, in order to convince execs to say yes for budget &! To let them take it serious too.

Benchmarks are an excellent instrument for that.

All discussions about standard data formats or well documented data structures are very important and need to be driven, but to raise geneal biz motivation you need first to look on todays decision processes of traditional biz. Elsewise we stay at this semi biz domain on an research/academic level or super smart biz but exceptional.

Is there an open source marketing agency with an open source biz concept?

Just my five cents.

Thank you

Michael