[Coin-discuss] problem with deleteRows

John J Forrest jjforre at us.ibm.com
Fri Apr 21 04:55:48 EDT 2006

Anureet,

A new function compressRows seems to have newly appeared in
CoinWarmStartBasis and fails if a null basis exists.  It is fine for normal
use but you encountered this problem.

I have fixed problem and your small test runs successfully.  I hope you
have no more problems in your use of Coin.

John Forrest

             Anureet Saxena
             <anureet at yahoo.co
             Sent by:                  coin-discuss at list.coin-or.org,
             coin-discuss-boun         anureet at cmu.edu
             ces at list.coin-or.                                          cc
             org
                                                                   Subject
                                       [Coin-discuss] problem with
             04/20/06 08:07 PM         deleteRows

             Please respond to
             Discussions about
                open source
               software for
                Operations
                 Research
             <coin-discuss at lis
              t.coin-or.org>

dear sir,

Thanks for fixing the code, which now accepts the "LI" tag in the .mps
format.

There seems to be some trouble while deleting the rows in
OsiClpSolverInterface. A small code to reproduce this problem can be found
at:

http://www.andrew.cmu.edu/user/anureets/tmp/workspace.tgz

The code reads an IP (test.mps), removes all but the last two rows of the
IP and adds a single row. For some reason, the code crashes. (I am using
the latest version of Clp which I downloaded today, 4/20/2006).

It would be very helpful if someone could suggest what is going wrong.

regards,
anureet

Anureet Saxena
anureet at cmu.edu
anureet at yahoo.com

--This mail was delivered to you on 100% recyclable electrons.

How low will we go? Check out Yahoo! Messenger’s low PC-to-Phone call
Coin-discuss mailing list
Coin-discuss at list.coin-or.org