[Coin-discuss] Negative values in LP solution

Laszlo Ladanyi ladanyi at us.ibm.com
Mon Sep 19 12:52:55 EDT 2005

Hi Viet,

It is normal. To reoptimize the dual simplex algo is used, so it is dual feas,
but not primal feas. If during the simplex algo the obj function goes above
the current best IP solution value then there's no point in finishing the
simplex as the optimal LP obj value will be too high, too. So the simplex
stops, and stops with a primal infeas solution. Which means it might have
negative values.

Hope this helps,
--Laci