[Coin-discuss] CBC "standard" solver

Brady Hunsaker hunsaker at engr.pitt.edu
Mon Oct 31 10:19:44 EST 2005

Thanks, John.

One of the projects I'm working on is to try to predict the time to
solve an instance, building on work by Cornuejols, Karamanov, and Li.
I'm going to have a student look to see if we can do so usefully with CBC.

I'm also working on a method to determine good option settings without
trying every combination (right now using a neural net).  If this works
out, my hope is that we can use it to determine good default settings
for CBC whenever a new feature or cut is added.

I'll keep you posted on both of these.

Brady