[Coin-discuss] Optimization level for OsiClp, bug in pack1.mps

Alan King kingaj at us.ibm.com
Sun May 29 03:05:57 EDT 2005

Laci -- all is forgiven, especially on a holiday.  Anyway here is the main
point.  All compilers suck.

All we want is the ability to set compiler directives separately from link
directives and to run benchmarks.

Alan

ladanyi at watson.ibm.com
Sent by: coin-discuss-bounces at list.coin-or.org
05/28/2005 04:40 PM
Please respond to
Discussions about open source software for Operations Research
<coin-discuss at list.coin-or.org>

Discussions about open source software for Operations Research
<coin-discuss at list.coin-or.org>
cc

Subject
Re: [Coin-discuss] Optimization level for OsiClp, bug in pack1.mps

My mistake... I looked at Clp, not OsClp... D'oh!
Anyway, I have changed it to -O.

BTW, probably John Forrest would be the best to answer the following
philosophycal question:
How important is it to compile OsiClp with -O? after all, the methods in
it
should just invoke Clp, and maybe do a bunch of memory copying. And if
both
Clp and Coin are compiled with -O, does it matter if OsiClp is compiled
with
-g? Is there anything timeconsuming in the methods of OsiClp? (The same
question can be directed to ay other OsiXxx maintainer...)

--Laci