[Coin-discuss] Optimization level for OsiClp, bug in pack1.mps

Francois Margot fmargot at andrew.cmu.edu
Sat May 28 09:57:58 EDT 2005

>> Why is the default for compiling OsiClp set to -g instead of -O, like
>> for all the other modules?
>
> I just checked it out and it's set to -O1...

Call me crazy, but using a browser to the cvs repository at 14:00 EST
Saturday, the first lines in COIN/Osi/OsiClp/Makefile are:

# Static or shared libraries should be built (STATIC or SHARED)?
LibType := SHARED

# Select optimization (-O or -g). -O will be automatically bumped up to the
# highest level of optimization the compiler supports. If want something in
# between then specify the exact level you want, e.g., -O1 or -O2
OptLevel := -O
OptLevel := -g

My understanding is that OptLevel will be set to -g.

Francois