[Coin-discuss] hopefully the COIN-OR build process doesn't reflect the quality of the codes themselves

Jean-Sebastien Roy js at jeannot.org
Sun Mar 20 16:51:49 EST 2005

C. Michailidis wrote:
> All this work building sophisticated OR software and no one ever heard of the
> GNU autobuild tools, eh??? Am I missing something, here?
>
> I'm trying to build COIN-OR and the Clp module on my system (FreeBSD
> 5.4-PRERELEASE i386) and having difficulty.

(For what is worth, FreeBSD doesn't make much use of autoconf either,
it's often not even installed by default)

> Even better, I would like to see an official FreeBSD port in the ports
> collection - but I know that may be asking too much.

Given the (completly understandable) lack of formal COIN releases for
the moment, a FreeBSD port would currently be very painful to maintain.

When a stable COIN release and tarball will be made available on
coin-or.org, I'll probably try to create a port.

Regards,

js