[Coin-discuss] hopefully the COIN-OR build process doesn't reflect the quality of the codes themselves

C. Michailidis dinom at balstonresearch.com
Sat Mar 19 17:26:53 EST 2005

All this work building sophisticated OR software and no one ever heard of the
GNU autobuild tools, eh??? Am I missing something, here?

I'm trying to build COIN-OR and the Clp module on my system (FreeBSD
5.4-PRERELEASE i386) and having difficulty.

Can't I just do a:

./configure -option1 -option2 -option3
make
make install

and be up and running?

Even better, I would like to see an official FreeBSD port in the ports
collection - but I know that may be asking too much.

a disgruntled user ;-)
Dino

P.S. If this email sounds a bit harsh, please forgive me... I am a bit
frustrated at the moment.