[Coin-discuss] Construct a MIP problem

Ted Ralphs tkralphs at lehigh.edu
Fri Mar 18 12:31:13 EST 2005

John J Forrest wrote:

> Looking OsiCpx it looks as if it sets coltype_ in OsiCpx correctly but
> if it is not a MIP in Cplex does not tell Cplex. Using writeMpsNative
> should work.

Yes, the problem is that CPLEX will not store integrality information
unless it thinks the problem is a MIP. By default, problems loaded into
Osi are considered LPs. It is only when branchAndBound() is called that
the problem type is set to MIP. This is an issue specific to CPLEX---I
believe all of the other solvers will store integrality information even
when the problem is being solved as an LP.

Ted
--
Dr. Ted Ralphs
Assistant Professor