[Coin-discuss] Lapack, blas, g2c and makefiles

Michael Hennebry hennebry at web.cs.ndsu.nodak.edu
Fri Mar 4 14:24:42 EST 2005

On Fri, 4 Mar 2005, Francois Margot wrote:

> What about a warning somewhere that the COIN makefiles assume this type of
> names for libraries (i.e. starting with lib) ? What is obvious for
> some is far from obvious for others ...

The problem isn't with COIN.
It's with the nonstandard library names
that come with some versions of lapack.
The warning should go something like this:
Some versions of lapack come with libraries with nonstandard names.
Libraries whose names do not begin with lib
cannot be found with any linker's -l flag.
Such libraries have to be included explicitly.

--
Mike   hennebry at web.cs.ndsu.NoDak.edu
"Our gods are dead.  Ancient Klingon warriors slew them