[Coin-discuss] CglProbing crashes

Ted Ralphs tkralphs at lehigh.edu
Thu Mar 3 13:37:51 EST 2005

John,

I solved the issue with Cgl crashing. If I rebuild SYMPHONY from scratch
(i.e., "make clean" and then "make") *after* building the updated
version of the Cgl shared library, it works. I was using a version of
SYMPHONY built while an older version of the Cgl library was present.
After building the new Cgl library, SYMPHONY crashes when linking at
runtime. Building SYMPHONY in the presence of the new shared library
fixes the problem. Since Cgl is a shared library, this doesn't make
complete sense to me. I thought a shared library could be updated
without rebuilding all the codes that linked to it. I suppose that there
must be some information about the shared library inserted into the
binary at link time that becomes obsolete when the library is updated? I
  don't have a good sense for how this works. If anyone knows, feel free
to share.

Cheers,

Ted
--