[Coin-discuss] Description of cuts in CGL

John J Forrest jjforre at us.ibm.com
Wed Jun 29 13:07:57 EDT 2005

Rounding2 version is faster but I never made it standard -
CoinPackedVector is very slow so using CoinIndexedVector was faster.

John Forrest

Matthew Galati <magh at lehigh.edu>
Sent by: coin-discuss-bounces at list.coin-or.org
06/29/2005 11:35 AM
Please respond to
Discussions about open source software for Operations Research

Discussions about open source software for Operations Research
<coin-discuss at list.coin-or.org>
cc

Subject
Re: [Coin-discuss] Description of cuts in CGL

Hi Miroslav,

The MIR cuts (CglMixedIntegerRounding.cpp) were written by Joao
Goncalves (jog7 at lehigh.edu) and Laszlo Ladanyi (ladanyi at us.ibm.com) and
is based on this paper:

- MARCHAND and L. A. WOLSEY. Aggregation and mixed integer rounding to
solve MIPs.
- http://www.core.ucl.ac.be/services/psfiles/dp98/dp9839.pdf

MixIntRoundVUB is just a data structure used in constructing MIR cuts.

There does seem to be a CglMixedIntegerRounding2.cpp now. I am not sure
why - maybe the authors can explain. Perhaps just a revised
implementation?

Matt G

--
Matthew Galati - Optimization Developer