[Coin-discuss] Description of cuts in CGL

Matthew Galati magh at lehigh.edu
Wed Jun 29 11:35:35 EDT 2005

Hi Miroslav,

The MIR cuts (CglMixedIntegerRounding.cpp) were written by Joao
Goncalves (jog7 at lehigh.edu) and Laszlo Ladanyi (ladanyi at us.ibm.com) and
is based on this paper:

- MARCHAND and L. A. WOLSEY. Aggregation and mixed integer rounding to
solve MIPs.
- http://www.core.ucl.ac.be/services/psfiles/dp98/dp9839.pdf

MixIntRoundVUB is just a data structure used in constructing MIR cuts.

There does seem to be a CglMixedIntegerRounding2.cpp now. I am not sure
why - maybe the authors can explain. Perhaps just a revised implementation?

Matt G

--
Matthew Galati - Optimization Developer
SAS Institute - Analytical Solutions