[Coin-discuss] Quadratic costs in OSI?

Antonio Frangioni frangio at di.unipi.it
Fri Jun 10 06:21:01 EDT 2005

Hello.

We are embarking into a project where we need solving either (convex,
separable) QPs or LPs.
I would love doing it through a OSISolver, and I'd expect this to be
possible since all major
actual solvers under the interface in fact solve QPs as well. Yet, the
OSISolver interface
does not allow for solving QPs.

I can hack my way through dynamic_casts<>() and solver-specific
fragments, and this is
probably what I'll end up doing rather than writing my code for one
specific solver, but of
course I'll be much happier with a completely standard solution. Any
chance that the interface
could be revised in the near future for treating QPs? Any way in which
I could help this
happening?

											Best

											Antonio

Antonio Frangioni    -    Associate Professor    -    Università di Pisa
Dipartimento di Informatica - Largo B. Pontecorvo, 3 - 56127 Pisa, Italy
Ph: +39 050 2212789, Fax: +39 050 2212726, Web: www.di.unipi.it/~frangio