[Coin-discuss] OsiXpr

Jesper Hansen jesper.hansen at carmensystems.com
Mon Jan 17 04:07:08 EST 2005

We are trying the new version of OsiXpr, but we have some
problems that we would ask you about. The first is that even though we
set the variables to be integer and run with branchAndBound we still get
continues variables from the optimizer.

Well, to illustrate it I just wanted to create a small test problem and
started out with the LP examples in the COIN tutorial from Lehigh. There
is a few extra lines where the variables are set to integers and
branchAndBound is called. The solution returned is 2,0,0.25 instead of
2,0,1, which is the integer solution. From the attached output it seems
that Xpress finds the correct solution, but that a different solution is
retreived from Osi.

Any help is highly appreciated. Thanks.

Jesper

--
Jesper Hansen, Ph.D.,
Senior Consultant             Phone: +45 33 17 91 92
DK-1150 Copenhagen K          jesper at carmenconsulting.com
Denmark                       www.carmenconsulting.com