[Coin-discuss] How are Symphony's variables indexed?

Ted Ralphs tkralphs at lehigh.edu
Fri Jan 14 14:41:15 EST 2005

Michael Hennebry wrote:
> The on-line documentation for functions like
> sym_is_integer says that a variable index
> should be at most the number of columns.
> It doesn't specify the lower bound,
> but if the number of columns is allowed,
> the lower bound should be 1.
> I asked Symphony for the variable type
> of 1276 out of 1275 integer variables.
> Symphony claims that variables 0..1274 are integer
> and that variable 1275 is continuous.
> sym_is_integer never returned FUNCTION_TERMINATED_ABNORMALLY.

The variables are indexed C-style from 0 to colnum-1. It should give you
an error if you check a column outside the range. If it isn't, then
something is fishy. If you send me an example that doesn't work off-line
and I will check into it.

Ted
--
Dr. Ted Ralphs
Assistant Professor
tkralphs at lehigh.edu
www.lehigh.edu/~tkr2

"An optimist is someone who thinks
'It doesn't get any better than this.'
A pessimist is someone who's afraid that's true."