[Coin-discuss] Compiling Osi with gcc 2.95.3

Lou Hafer lou at cs.sfu.ca
Fri Feb 18 15:51:37 EST 2005

Ted, John,

	I added the using declarations to suppress warnings from the Forte
C++ compiler which complained that the more local declarations were hiding
less local declarations. In effect, using brings the other declaration into
scope for consideration in overload resolution. (Vague, I know. Will try to
generate an example, but need to go and lecture just now.) Can't recall that
I ever found a case where the code behaved incorrectly. It was strictly a
matter of reducing compile time warnings.

	John's solution works for me.
						Lou