[Coin-discuss] Re: Turn off all output by default in bcp (Paul Pacheco)

Francois Margot fmargot at andrew.cmu.edu
Mon Feb 14 08:33:26 EST 2005

> On Saturday 12 February 2005 06:28 am, Francois Margot wrote:
> > > Is there a way to turn off all the output messages?
> >
> > Use the parameter file to set BCP_VerbosityShutUp to 1 and
> > BCP_ReportWhenDefaultIsExecuted to 0.
> >
> > Look at the file bb.par in the directory COIN/Examples/BAC.

> Thanks. that helped, I see a lot less output. I disabled all the output I
> could by looking at that file. But there is still some things that are being
> displayed.
>
> The attached is the bb.par file I am using, and the output I am receiving
> that
> I would like to disable.

> Coin0001I At line 1 NAME          EASY
> Coin0001I At line 2 ROWS
> Coin0001I At line 6 COLUMNS
> Coin0001I At line 14 RHS
> Coin0001I At line 16 BOUNDS
> Coin0001I At line 21 ENDATA
> Coin0002I Problem EASY has 2 rows, 2 columns and 4 elements
> Coin0008I EASY read with 0 errors
> Clp0000I Optimal - objective value 0

This is generated in CoinMpsIO.cpp, I believe. I don't know of an easy way
to disable it. You can modify your copy of the code to disable it.

> BB: core size: 2, indexed size: 0

Comment out line 65 of BB_tm.cpp

> Clp0000I Optimal - objective value 0

This is an irritating message from Clp, I agree. If someone could tell
me how to disable it, I would be happy too. I am able to disable
some of these by using:

   OsiClpSolverInterface * clp = new OsiClpSolverInterface;
   clp->messageHandler()->setLogLevel(0);

in BB_lp::initialize_solver_interface(). I believe that this should be
disabled if log level is zero, but it is not always so.

> TM: Running time: 0.009
> TM: search tree size: 1   max depth: 0
> LP statistics:
>    time in cut generation  :        0.000 sec
>    time in var generation  :        0.000 sec
>    time in heuristics      :        0.000 sec
>    time in solving LPs     :        0.001 sec
>    time in strong branching:        0.000 sec
>
> TM: The best solution found has value 0.000000

Set BCP_TmVerb_FinalStatistics 0

Francois