[Coin-discuss] Re: Problem with core size 0 (Paul Pacheco)

Francois Margot fmargot at andrew.cmu.edu
Mon Feb 14 08:20:40 EST 2005

> Thanks. But that means that I have to know ahead of time if the problem can
> generate a core size 0 (not posible) or allways include all the variables in
> the core which I believe hurts performance.

The parameter BCP_AllCore acts on constraints, not variables. It is usual
to put all constraints as core constraints. In the code, this is used
as an illustration for use of user defined parameters.

> Would'nt it be better to make the code more robust and make sure it takes
> into
> account this borderline?

This is an example code, not intended to be an efficient BranchAndCut.
The normal behavior is to include all constraints in the core, unless
you have specific knowledge of the problem.

Francois