[Coin-discuss] no integers in writeMps?

Matthew Saltzman mjs at ces.clemson.edu
Fri Feb 4 00:13:09 EST 2005

On Thu, 3 Feb 2005, Brady Hunsaker wrote:

> John J Forrest wrote:
>>
>> Brady,
>>
>> CoinMpsIO does write integer information if integrality array set.  This is
>> done automatically by OsiSolverInterface::writeMpsNative or can be done by
>> CoinMpsIO::copyInIntegerInformation.  How do you want it to work?
>>
>> John
>>

> Thanks for the quick reply, John.
>
> I looked more carefully at the issue.  I'm using OsiCpx, and it turns out
> that OsiCpx uses CPLEX's routine for writing MPS files, which for some reason
> doesn't include the integrality information (perhaps it is relaxed?).  There
> is a comment in OsiCpxSolverInterface.cpp indicating that this is a known
> error.
>
> An easy solution would be to change the code to use CoinMpsIO, based on your
> response.  I haven't tested this, but looking through the CoinMpsIO code, it
> doesn't look like this output includes integer information either.  At least,
> it doesn't appear to output "INTORG" and "INTEND" markers as I would expect.
> Is it implemented in some other way?

writeMps() uses the extended bound type codes, so for example "BV" in the
BOUNDS section indicates a binary variable.  There are other codes for
other types of integers, but the type codes don't seem to be documented
explicitly.  John must know them by heart, but a comment or two would help
the rest of us out.  There's a massive cascading if-then starting around
line 3619.

INTORG/INTEND and SOSORG/SOSEND are recognised on input, though.

 		Matt