[Coin-discuss] no integers in writeMps?

Brady Hunsaker hunsaker at engr.pitt.edu
Thu Feb 3 18:13:47 EST 2005

John J Forrest wrote:

> Brady,
>
> CoinMpsIO does write integer information if integrality array set.  This
> is done automatically by OsiSolverInterface::writeMpsNative or can be
> done by CoinMpsIO::copyInIntegerInformation.  How do you want it to work?
>
> John

Thanks for the quick reply, John.

I looked more carefully at the issue.  I'm using OsiCpx, and it turns
out that OsiCpx uses CPLEX's routine for writing MPS files, which for
some reason doesn't include the integrality information (perhaps it is
relaxed?).  There is a comment in OsiCpxSolverInterface.cpp indicating
that this is a known error.

An easy solution would be to change the code to use CoinMpsIO, based on
your response.  I haven't tested this, but looking through the CoinMpsIO
code, it doesn't look like this output includes integer information
either.  At least, it doesn't appear to output "INTORG" and "INTEND"
markers as I would expect.  Is it implemented in some other way?

Brady