[Coin-discuss] Message control

John J Forrest jjforre at us.ibm.com
Sat Dec 3 05:39:34 EST 2005

Edgardo,

You can use setDetailMessages (examples in Cbc/Samples) to set the detail
level for all messages < 6000 to high.

At present the best way would be to use one form of setDetailMessages to
switch off all messages and then switch back the >= 6000 messages one by
one.

As that seems inelegant I will add a new setDetailMessage to do by range.
Then it would be

.messageHandler()->setDetailMessage(3,0,5999);

Should be in a few hours.

John Forrest

Edgardo Fuchs <edgardo_fuchs at mi.cl>
Sent by: coin-discuss-bounces at list.coin-or.org
12/02/2005 07:19 PM
Please respond to
edgardo_fuchs and Discussions about open source software for Operations
Research

COIN <coin-discuss at list.coin-or.org>
cc

Subject
[Coin-discuss] Message control

Dear COIN list,

I need to control the message output, prinitng only those messages with
return code greater or equal than 6000 (ie warning or error).

I tried using setLogLevel, but even level 1 is too verbose, including
informational messages.

Is there another option to control the output in that way, or do I need to
write a message handler function?

Regards,
Edgardo Fuchs

--