[Coin-discuss] "zero distance in CbcRounding - debug" message using Cbc/Clp

Kish Shen ks15 at icparc.ic.ac.uk
Tue Aug 30 16:20:32 EDT 2005

Hi,

While using Cbc with Clp as the linear solver in my own program, I got the
following message:

Cbc0010I After 200 nodes, 71 on tree, -40.0802 best solution, best possible -43
zero distance in CbcRounding - debug
zero distance in CbcRounding - debug
zero distance in CbcRounding - debug

Looking at the Cbc source, I find the following in CbcHeuristic.cpp:

          if (!distance) {
            // should never happen
            printf("zero distance in CbcRounding - debug\n");
          }

so I assume that the messages I am getting indicates a problem? In this
case, the objective value that is returned by Cbc/Clp appears to be
correct.

I am using a Cbc/Clp tarball from 24 Aug 2005.

I have logged the calls I made to Cbc/Clp/Osi and generated a C++ file from
this, and compiling and running this file reproduced the messages. Please
let me know if you want to look at this file -- it is about 6K when
gzipped.

Thanks in advance,

Yours sincerely,

Kish Shen