[Coin-discuss] COIN compatibility with gcc 2.95.2

Ted Ralphs tkralphs at lehigh.edu
Tue Aug 2 16:27:44 EDT 2005

Yes, I've been trying to make sure that all COIN code continues to work
with gcc 2.95. I'm using gcc 2.95.3 and currently have no problems
(there have been issues in the past, however). Perhaps you should
upgrade to 2.95.3.

By the way, to my knowledge, gcc 2.96 is a version of gcc created by Red
Hat. I'm not sure it's accurate to call it "unstable"---it's just not an
official release supported by GNU and I'm sure GNU would be just as
happy not to have it around. Up until recently, I was using gcc 2.96
with COIN and had no problems there either.

Cheers,

Ted
--
Dr. Ted Ralphs