[Coin-discuss] Contribution in DFO

Matthew Saltzman mjs at ces.clemson.edu
Mon Apr 25 10:28:01 EDT 2005

Thanks very much for your interest in submitting your project to COIN-OR.

The COIN-OR boards are very close to finalizing the policies and
procedures for accepting submissions, and we expect to make them public
shortly.  When that happens, we will announce it here and we will contact
you about proceeding.

On Mon, 25 Apr 2005, [ISO-8859-1] Ubaldo García Palomares wrote:

> Dear Sirs: We are working strongly in the area of derivative-free
> optimization. The most recent work was published in:
>
> UM Garcia-Palomares, JF Rodríguez, New sequential and parallel
> derivative-free algorithms for unconstrained optimization, SIAM
> Journal on optimization 13 (2002), 79-96
>
> So far we have implemented the code in MATLAB and C.
> Dr. Arno Formella recently coded the algorithm in C++ and has had
> interesting results on real applications. You can see the code in the url:
>
> http://trevinca.ei.uvigo.es/~formella/inv/aaa/ca.html#cplus
>
> We are contacting you to offer through COIN-OR our codes to the
> optimization community as an open source for DFO.
>
> Please tell us how to proceed.
>
> Regards,

Clemson University Math Sciences
mjs AT clemson DOT edu