[Coin-discuss] Contribution in DFO

Robin Lougee-Heimer robinlh at us.ibm.com
Mon Apr 25 10:13:26 EDT 2005

Ubaldo:

Thank you for offering your code to the COIN-OR project. We'll be
following up with you off line.

Robin

Robin Lougee-Heimer
IBM TJ Watson Research Center
1101 Kitchawan Road, Yorktown Heights, NY 10598
ph: 914-945-3032   fax: 914-945-3434
robinlh at us.ibm.com
http://www.coin-or.org

Ubaldo García Palomares <ubaldo at det.uvigo.es>
Sent by: coin-discuss-bounces at list.coin-or.org
04/25/2005 07:36 AM
Please respond to
Discussions about open source software for Operations Research

coin-discuss at list.coin-or.org, formella at ei.uvigo.es, jfrodrig at unizar.es,
Ubaldo García Palomares <ubaldo at det.uvigo.es>
cc

Subject
[Coin-discuss] Contribution in DFO

Dear Sirs: We are working strongly in the area of derivative-free
optimization. The most recent work was published in:

UM Garcia-Palomares, JF Rodríguez, New sequential and parallel
derivative-free algorithms for unconstrained optimization, SIAM
Journal on optimization 13 (2002), 79-96

So far we have implemented the code in MATLAB and C.
Dr. Arno Formella recently coded the algorithm in C++ and has had
interesting results on real applications. You can see the code in the url:

http://trevinca.ei.uvigo.es/~formella/inv/aaa/ca.html#cplus

We are contacting you to offer through COIN-OR our codes to the
optimization community as an open source for DFO.

Please tell us how to proceed.

Regards,

Ubaldo M. García Palomares              |
Universidade de Vigo                    |
Departamento de Ingeniería Telemática   |
ETSI Telecomunicaciones (TELECO)        |
Lagoas - Marcosende                     |
36310 Vigo                              |
España                                  |
Voz: 986 813 869  Fax: 986 812 116      |
ubaldo at det.uvigo.es                     |