Unit test requirements (was Re: [Coin-discuss] OsiCbc)

Matthew Saltzman mjs at ces.clemson.edu
Wed Apr 6 15:13:09 EDT 2005

On Wed, 6 Apr 2005, Brady Hunsaker wrote:

> Matthew Saltzman wrote:
>> On Wed, 6 Apr 2005, Brady Hunsaker wrote:
>>
>>> So, who should be responsible for and empowered with making these overall
>>> OSI decisions?
>>

>> Umm, the OSI project leader?
>>

> There's no arguing with that logic!  I confess that I never really knew who
> the OSI project manager was, though you were one of my prime suspects :)   No
> one is currently listed on our website as manager of OSI.  The same is true
> of CGL.
>
> Matt, if you feel that you have time for coordinating the unit test
> improvements, then I think that would be great.

I look at it as a driver for getting OSI development done anyway.  Rather
than trying to do too much back-porting, I would like to see us
concentrate on the unit test for OSI2.  Back-porting major revisions to
the OSI unit test will wreak havoc with SIs that are already a problem to
keep maintained anyway.

Clemson University Math Sciences
mjs AT clemson DOT edu
http://www.math.clemson.edu/~mjs