[Coin-discuss] Should we change name of Sbb?

Lou Hafer lou at cs.sfu.ca
Thu Oct 28 14:40:58 EDT 2004

  John writes
  ``Should I change the name from Sbb (Slow/Simple Branch and Bound) to
    something more descriptive e.g.  Cbc (Coin Branch and Cut)?''

  Matt writes
  ``Yes, I think we do need to change the name, and I think Cbc is good if
    nobody can think of a conflict. Canadian Broadcast Company and Audobon
    Society's Christmas Bird Count probably don't count as conflicts...''

  To which I'd add that cbc works for me. I should probably defend the honour
  of the CBC, but most of the time it doesn't seem to count for much up here
  either.

  							Lou