[Coin-discuss] SBB, AllowableGap and Cuts.

John J Forrest jjforre at us.ibm.com
Thu Oct 28 09:42:54 EDT 2004

I can't reproduce problem but as Edwin says changing the code did not seem
to give a memory leak so I have changed the code.

John Forrest

"Edwin Straver" <estraver at frontsys.com>
Sent by: coin-discuss-admin at www-124.southbury.usf.ibm.com
10/27/2004 03:26 PM
Please respond to
coin-discuss

<coin-discuss at www-124.southbury.usf.ibm.com>
cc

Subject
[Coin-discuss] SBB, AllowableGap and Cuts.

Hi All,

When I run the current version of SBB on a model, using CLP with all
available cut generators turned on, and set an allowable "gap" of 5%, I
get crash on line 1023 of SBBModel.cpp.

This is the line:

if (!nodeOnTree)
   delete node;

I think when SBB stops when an allowable gap has been reached, and cuts
have been generated, this can cause a problem.

When I change the code to:

if (!nodeOnTree && !stoppedOnGap)
   delete node;

everything runs fine for me, and I do not see a memory leak.

Edwin Straver
estraver at frontsys.com