[Coin-discuss] Problems compiling Coin utilities with gcc 2.95 and 2.96

John J Forrest jjforre at us.ibm.com
Tue Nov 2 13:15:02 EST 2004

I don't really see presolve_dupmajor as a problem as it does not seem
likely to be used by any library writer.  There already is a
CoinCopyOfArray in CoinHelperFunctions.hpp so it would be virtuous to
change the copyOfArray but not urgent.

John

Lou Hafer <lou at cs.sfu.ca>
Sent by: coin-discuss-admin at www-124.southbury.usf.ibm.com
11/02/2004 12:54 PM
Please respond to
coin-discuss

coin-discuss at www-124.southbury.usf.ibm.com
cc

Subject
Re: [Coin-discuss] Problems compiling Coin utilities with gcc 2.95 and
2.96

                 Ted writes `` ... what am I missing?''. To which I'd add
``me, too''.

                 Templating, perhaps? There's a passle of non-templated
definitions of
swap down at the bottom of 1.1.2.1 that persist through 1.10. Looks like
the
trouble started when I condensed them to a single template. Newer versions
of
gcc can deal with it, but 2.9[56] cannot?

                 John's fix --- move to CoinHelperFunctions -- looks to me
to be the
way to go. Arguably copyOfArray and presolve_dupmajor should make the same
trip.  (Is there something in CoinPackedMatrix that is the functional
equivalent of presolve_dupmajor? I didn't notice it, but perhaps didn't
look
hard enough at the time.)

                                 Lou