[Coin-discuss] Problems compiling Coin utilities with gcc 2.95 and 2.96

Lou Hafer lou at cs.sfu.ca
Tue Nov 2 12:54:59 EST 2004

	Ted writes `` ... what am I missing?''. To which I'd add ``me, too''.

	Templating, perhaps? There's a passle of non-templated definitions of
swap down at the bottom of 1.1.2.1 that persist through 1.10. Looks like the
trouble started when I condensed them to a single template. Newer versions of
gcc can deal with it, but 2.9[56] cannot?

	John's fix --- move to CoinHelperFunctions -- looks to me to be the
way to go. Arguably copyOfArray and presolve_dupmajor should make the same
trip.  (Is there something in CoinPackedMatrix that is the functional
equivalent of presolve_dupmajor? I didn't notice it, but perhaps didn't look
hard enough at the time.)

							Lou