[Coin-discuss] OsiColCut.hpp and gcc-2.95.4

Lou Hafer lou at cs.sfu.ca
Mon May 3 12:36:08 EDT 2004

	I guess I'd better own up to the `using' declarations that Benjamin
Hummel has fingered as a problem for gcc-2.95.x. They are there for precisely
the reason Benjamin cites: Forte Developer 7 C++ (aka Sun Workshop) warns
that the declarations in OsiColCut hide the declarations in OsiCut. The using
declarations deal with this.

	Two observations:

 * There are identical declarations in OsiRowCut (Forte complained about
   them, too). I don't recall seeing OsiRowCut mentioned yet in this thread.
   Benjamin, did gcc complain about them?

 * So far as I'm aware, in the Sun Workshop environment the code works just
   fine with or without the using declarations (likely because actual usage
   always instantiates either an OsiRowCut or an OsiColCut).

	So, one solution would be to simply remove the offending
declarations.  I don't think anything will break. On the other hand, it does
seem like gcc-2.95 is handling this incorrectly, so perhaps we'd be better
off to wrap them with conditional compilation.

					Lou