[Coin-discuss] OsiColCut.hpp and gcc-2.95.4

Benjamin Hummel benjamin at datamaze.de
Sun May 2 07:31:22 EDT 2004

Hi.

> > While trying to compile the current Osi sources from CVS with gcc-
> > 2.95.4 I ran into the stuff shown below. OTOH, with gcc-3.3 it
> > compiled just fine. For reasons beyond my control I am sort of stuck
> > with gcc-2.95.4 - so, does anyone have an idea how I could fix that?
>
> OSI *used to* work with gcc-2.95.x.  Looking at this issue has been on my
> list for a while, but I haven't had much time for it recently.  In fact, I
> believe I had it compiling but not linking last I looked.  I have a 2.95.x
> compiler and I'll try to look at it next week if it is still open.

Using gcc-2.95.3 I had the same problems as described above.
Removing the lines
	using OsiCut::operator== ;
and
	using OsiCut::operator!= ;
from Osi/include/OsiColCut.hpp and Osi/include/OsiRowCut.hpp made Osi comile
and link again...

(I'm not sure why these lines are there. Checking my Stroustrup it seems that
this would only be needed in some cases of multiple inheritance, but not
there !?)

Greetings
Benjamin