[Coin-discuss] Glpk

Brady Hunsaker hunsaker at engr.pitt.edu
Tue Jul 27 07:51:54 EDT 2004

On Tue, 2004-07-27 at 02:36, DA SILVA RAPHAEL wrote:
>         Hello,
>
>         You're right Ted in the Faq's it is said that there is an Osi
> interface, but there is no link on glpk ( but there are some on CLP,
> Dylp and Vol ) so I was not sure that Osi_Glpk was quite implemented.
>
>         I tried to use glpk-4.0 and strangely I succeed in compiling
> Osi Glpk but when I try to use it, the program returns : " Errors in
> reading mps files " ( and when I try a mps file of couse there is a
> segmentation fault :o) ). All this was done Red Hat AS2.
>
>         I think I will try an earlier version of glpk
>
>         Thanks
>

>                 Hery

OsiGlpk is certainly implemented.  I'll take a look at the FAQs to try
to make it more clear.

In version 4.4, GLPK introduced a new API but temporarily retained the
old API as well.  I have not yet updated OsiGlpk for the new API, but I
have done basic tests and did not identify problems with version 4.4.
Version 4.5 was released very recently and may have removed the old API
completely;  I have not checked carefully yet.  I intend to update
OsiGlpk to handle the new API, but it probably won't be ready until the
end of August.

As I said, GLPK 4.4 has worked for me on basic examples (though unitTest
doesn't work).  For reading MPS files, OsiGlpk simply uses the readMps
routines in Coin.  If you have trouble with this function, then it may
not have anything to do with OsiGlpk or GLPK, though of course it
might.  If you do run into any problems with 4.4, you could try 4.3, but
there's no need to go any earlier than that.

If you'd like to share more details on the errors you encountered, I may
be able to identify the problem.

Brady